You can now add videos to local listings in the Google Maps using any Android device.
Google is rolling it out slowly, so you might or might not see it right away. This feature is not only good for the business owners but the users as well. Because pictures tell altogether different story while video remains close to reality. “Close” because of all those filters available for the videos.
Meanwhile, if you are a local guide and willing to earn some extra points, while helping the folks out here, start uploading videos of the business and local places. It is available only for local guides and Android users but can be seen and searched by any one. You can take a 10-second video from the Google Maps app or can upload a 30-second video.
You can add videos:
- From a place’s page
- From “your contributions”
- Via Google photos and Gallery app
How to upload a video you’ve already shot:
- Search and select a place on Google Maps
- Scroll down and tap “Add a photo”
- Tap “Folder” and select a video. Only the first 30 seconds of a video can be added.
Visit the Help Center to learn more about sharing videos.